Wallpaper Hanging Instructions
Facts about Nonwoven Wallpaper
- Nonwoven wallpapers are very user friendly and easy to install.
- Perfect for DIY wallpaper projects, because nonwoven wallpaper is incredibly easy to install and equally easy to remove.
- Tear-resistant when wet, thus making nonwoven wallpapers easier to handle while installing.
- Nonwovens are breathable, helping them endure mould and mildew conditions.
- Nonwovens neither expand or contract, they do not change their size, and do not shrink when they are dry.
- Seams are barely visible.
- Clean wallpaper by using mild soap and a sponge.
- Nonwoven wallpaper removes in full sheets, totally dry without the use of special tools or chemicals.
- Simply paste the wall and install.
We recommend a Ready Mixed Light Grade Adhesive
Hanging Instructions for Wallpaper
Before hanging check that the rolls are undamaged, that numbers and letters are the same for each roll of this design and that all colours match. Return any defective roll with its label to where is was purchased. Take extra care when papering around electric switches and power points. Do not allow moisture to drip onto electrical contacts.
Prepare wall by removing all traces of dirt, old wallpaper, or loose paint. Do not hang wallcoverings on any wall with a history of damp. Fill any cracks and allow to dry before hanging. Absorbent surfaces should be appropriately sized using a diluted wallpaper adhesive. Sealed walls, i.e painted should be rubbed with sandpaper to create a ‘key’.
It is important that the walls are of an even and consistent colour. If they are not then consideration should be given to painting them with an appropriate colourwash. Alternatively, we recommend that walls be ‘lined’ horizontally using a good quality lining paper. Allow this to dry fully.
We recommend the use of a light ready mixed adhesive. Evenly apply the adhesive directly onto the wall using a brush or short pile emulsion roller. It is not necessary to pre-cut the lengths of paper as it can be applied direct from the roll. Apply the wallcovering to the wall and smooth down with a good quality hanging brush or plastic spatula. Do not overlap, use butt joins.
CAREFULLY WIPE ANY EXCESS PASTE FROM THE FACE OF THE PAPER IMMEDIATELY WITH A CLEAN DAMP SPONGE BEFORE IT DRIES.
After hanging 2 or 3 lengths, inspect the results to ensure that there is no shading or other fault.
NO CLAIMS FOR HANGING COSTS WILL BE ALLOWED FOR GOODS HUNG IN EXCESS OF ONE ROLL.
Alternatively hire a professional as we can not be held responsible for the hanging.